Today, we have decided to give you the blog in bullet-point format. We like to mix it up a bit…and we’re trying to keep it short!
- Start: De Ridder, LA; Finish: Kountze [coōn-tz], TX
- Distance: 85 miles
- Weather: Sunny, 70s
- Wind: Evil Edwin of 10 – 20 mph
- Average Speed: 13.2 mph
- Calories burned: 5468
- Calories consumed: well, we don’t really know that, but we cycled to Sonic tonight for our evening meal, and ate a SuperSonic Jalapeno burger, fries, and 2 chicken strips…OK, MG, we know that’s not really very healthy, but we’re limited for choice…
- Gamine performance: atrocious
- High point of the Day: We’ve made it to Texas – YEE-HA!!!
- Low point of the Day: 85 miles into a ridiculously strong headwind. Need we say more.
- Top sighting of the Day: A Bald Eagle taking off from the side of the road just around the LA/TX border…they are huge, and it was awesome.
- Joke of the day: anything to do with the pronunciation of the town in which we are staying tonight. Yes, you do say it like that.